Your celebrations inspire me to create delicious and beautiful cakes to share with your loved ones. I’m a home artisan baker based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
My personal focus includes:
- European artisan baking methods
- as a Swede I am partial to chocolate, coffee and berries and love to turn any idea or flavor into a dessert
- highest quality ingredients
- my standard is 100% organic and local when seasonally available
- my hens lay fresh, organic eggs!
- decorating in fondant or buttercream
- my standard frosting is my delicious, light Italian Meringue Buttercream
- specializing in small events, baby/bridal showers, birthdays, and weddings (usually up to 150 guests, contact me at ButterinBloom@gmail.com for more event details)
- wide variety of cake/frosting flavors and decorating styles
- working with wide variety of budget ranges
- creative and flavorful dietary restrictions, including low glycemic and gluten free
For a consult, we will:
- Decide color and style:sending me pictures is usually the easiest way to define both style and color palette
- “style” can include simple, classic, rustic, artsy, elegant, etc.
- Decide layout:
- one fancy round for display (and to keep for you two!) plus a sheet cake (more affordable)
- cupcakes on cake stands, cupcake bouquets
- traditional layered: square layered, round layered
- side by side presentation
- special shape
- Decide size:
- #1 Choose a Cake Slice Size [Traditionally, high-end venues serve very thin slices whereas more casual affairs serve thicker homestyle slices. The size of your cake slice is up to you and what you would like to treat your guests to.]
- #2 Decide Whether You Want To Offer Seconds [Budget-friendly tip: Serve thin slices of cake so you have cake leftover for those who want seconds.]
- #3 Hands-Off the Top Cake Tier? Many couples for weddings like to freeze the top tier for their one year wedding anniversary. My cakes are make to freeze especially well. Alternatively, I can simply provide a “voucher” for a tiny fresh baked version of your wedding cake delivered one year later.
For the general rule of thumb for sizes and servings:
|Round||6″||12 servings||Square||6″||18 servings|
- Decide finish:
- buttercream or fondant
- finish style: fondant can be loosely pleated or smooth. Buttercream can be smooth, roses, pleated, ruffled, rustic swirls, etc.
- decorations: fresh flowers, organic sugared flowers, patterning, etc.
- TIP: inspiring pictures are a great starting point for this as well.
- Schedule cake tasting date, if desired: I will make two or three flavor options to sample and discuss to come up with the perfect dessert.
- My standard cakes are: rich chocolate, butter vanilla, marbled, red velvet, coffee, sweet spice, mocha espresso, delicate chocolate, lemon, almond, raspberry, strawberry, banana, salted caramel*
- My standard buttercream frosting options: chocolate, vanilla, almond, espresso, salted caramel, peppermint*
- Extra filling options: whipped cream, fresh fruit, pastry cream, chocolate ganache, vanilla, coffee or chocolate mousse*
*I’m always happy to make any of your flavor ideas!
- Prices generally follow these basic rates, and increase with additions such as filling, flowers, complexity, design:
- $2.00 basic rate per serving; includes buttercream and fondant cakes that are round, square, hexagon, flower shaped, or sheet.
- Tiered (multi-layer) cakes begin at $2.50 per serving.
- $10-$35 for smash cakes (for little ones to dig into!) when ordered with a larger cake.
- Delivery more than 5 miles from my home (in the Wells Park neighborhood of Abq) starts at $10. Delivery within 5 miles is free.
- Additional stenciling or details are priced on a case by case basis.
- Cupcakes start at $20/dozen; cupcake bouquets are priced on a case by case basis. Other pastries, cookies, homemade bread and other baked goods are available–just ask!
For any other questions, email me at ButterInBloom@gmail.com with the event date and we can start the process of designing your perfect dessert.